Pakistan Mobile Communications Limited, doing business as Jazz, (Urdu: جاز) is a Pakistani mobile network and internet services provider formed by the merger of Mobilink and Warid Pakistan.
I travel a lot, recently I was in Pakistan & I observed many people were unable to send & receive SMS messages from my Jazz sim. I followed some solutions & later I was able to receive an SMS but It was frustrating.
In this post I have shared solution tips for helping you guys. if you are facing same problem of Jazz si then do follow the steps given below.
Why I am Unable to Receive SMS Messages on Jazz sim
Reason 1: You might have activated DND Do Not Disturb Service on your Jazz Number
Reason 2: Message Memory is Full.
Reason 3: Network problem or phone issue may be there.
Reason 4: If you are a New Upgraded User of the same Network.
Solutions: Text SMS Not Sending or Receiving on Jazz sim
Below I have shared the Reason behind both Jazz Prepaid sim and Postpaid sim Users for this issue:
If you recently changes your sim and ported to Jazz, or your Jazz sim is new then it may take time to be able to send SMS or receive them, because of security measures from Jazz for a few days.
In a similar case, If you got a Jazz SIM replacement for your Jazz mobile number, you will not receive or send any SMS for the next 48 hours.
It means if you are using a new sim for 48 hours you may not be able to receive or send any SMS from the Jazz network, if you want more information you can contact Jazz support.
Your Jazz sim SMS Center Number might be wrong, so in this case, you can try either refreshing or updating SMSC. Remember you should use the SMSC of your area. You should choose SMSC according to your area which you can get from Google.
Steps to update or refresh SMSC:
- Dial – *#*#4636#*#* on Keypad.
- It will automatically open the ‘Testing’ settings.
- Now if you have two sims in your android phone then choose accordingly. In my case, I opened ‘Phone information1’.
- Now scroll down and try to find the ‘SMSC’ option, here will see the Refresh option tap it.
- if it didn’t work for you then type your network operator’s SMSC number of your area and tap Update.
If you haven’t sent SMS message from last 6 months then your number may have been disaled by Jazz. Also you may feel hard to receive SMS message on your sim.
To Verify this case you can call Jazz sim Customer Care and Ask them to enable SMS Services. After a successful request once restarts your mobile to start sending SMS. Nowadays this process seems to be canceled so far in 2022. But again I request you to confirm this from customer care.
If there is an incorrect Date and Time on your device then it may be a root cause of the issue and it may create other issues too. So try to fix it.
Here are the steps to set your device time accurately:
- Open your phone’s Clock app.
- Tap More and go to Settings.
- To pick your home time zone: Tap Home time zone. To automatically update your timezone: Tap Change date & time. Set time zone automatically.
- To update your timezone based on your location: Tap Change date & time Set time zone automatically.
Tip solution: Put your SIM on a different phone. If it works then the problem is with your mobile phone. Unfortunately, if it doesn’t work then try to get help from Jazz Customer care.
Hope this post is helpful and that you get help to solve Jazz SMS not receiving or sending. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section.