Amazon Prime Video or simply Prime Video is an American subscription video-on-demand over-the-top streaming and rental service of Amazon offered as a standalone service or as part of Amazon’s Prime subscription.
Recently I observed some errors while playing videos on our smart tv with the Amazon Prime Video app other apps like Hotstar, Voot, and YouTube were working fine but only Amazon Prime Video was giving some issues so to fix this I used some solutions that fixed issues from oursTV.
So by using my experience today in this post I am going to share some solutions and tips with you so that you can solve Amazon Prime Video Video not Playing on your SmartTV.
Solution To Amazon Prime Video Video not Playing on Smart TV
1. Update Amazon Prime Video
An old version of the Amazon Prime Video app on your Smart TV may have some bugs that may cause different errors on your SmartTV.
So in this case you must update your Amazon Prime Video app. To update the Amazon Prime Video app on your Smart TV follow the steps given below:
Steps to Update Amazon Prime on Android Smart TV:
- Select Google Play store.
- Select your profile icon in the top-right of the screen.
- Select Manage apps and games.
- Select Updates.
- You can select any listed app Find Amazon Prime & select update.
Steps to Update Amazon Prime Video on Other Smart TV:
- Navigate to an App that needs updating, then press and hold the Enter button until a sub-menu appears.
- Select Update apps.
- Click Select All.
- Select Update.
- Any apps with an available update will begin updating.
2. Reboot the Television
If you face this problem constantly then should try restarting your Smart TV. This will clear all the possibilities and eliminate the minor glitches & bugs that were creating problems with the playing video on the Amazon Prime app. Bring the remote of your TV and power it off for some time and then turn it on.
3. Troubleshoot Internet Issue
If you are using Router then for the internet then consider the following points:
- Restart the router. Unplug the power, wait about 1 minute, and reconnect.
- Reset the Network and check whether the issue is resolved or not. Network reset path in Smart TVs: Home > Setting > General > Network > Reset Network.
- Try connecting another device to the router. If it works, then it’s a TV problem, and if it doesn’t, it’s a router or your Wi-Fi problem.
- If your Router or Wi-Fi is not working then you should call your Wi-Fi provider for help they will help you further.
- If you are using a wireless connection, the distance between the modem or router and the TV must be within 15.2 m, and there should be no obstacle between them.
If you are using another source for an internet connection then check if it is working or not.
4. Update Smart TV
Similar to the first solution your Smart TV may have some bugs which may stop the normal working of your smart Tv and thus you should update your Smart TV to the latest version available.
To update your Smart TV to the latest version follow the steps given below:
- Press the HOME button.
- Select the Apps icon.
- Select Help.
- Select System software update.
- Download the Software update.
- Then restart your Smart TV.
5. Uninstall & Re-install Amazon Prime Video App
If followed all methods that we mentioned then the problem may be due to the internal error between the app and Smart TV. Thus in this case simply uninstall the App and then go again and install the Amazon app from Play Store. This can resolve some issues that other solutions can’t solve, so make sure you try this solution too.
6. Contact Support
Now if you have followed all solutions that we recommended to you and still have issues then you should contact the help support of Amazon Prime Video or contact the help support of smart TV near you so that they come to your home to solve the problem for you.
Hope you got value from this post, if we have missed some points then you can suggest them to people visiting this page in the comment section.