Voot is an Indian subscription video-on-demand and over-the-top streaming service, owned by Viacom18. Launched in March 2016, it is Viacom18’s advertising-led video-on-demand platform that is available as an app for iOS, KaiOS, and Android users, and a website for desktop consumption.
A few days back I was trying to play a movie on Voot but the app was not working on my Smart TV. Whenever I try to open it it was showing a black screen. On the internet, I also found that people facing the Black screen with sound, and people were facing Voot loads but won’t play on tv, and Voot not working on tv but works on the phone, Voot Video not Playing on Smart TV.
So by using my experience today in this post I am going to share some solutions and tips with you so that you can solve Voot Not Working on Your Smart TV.
Solved: Voot Not Working on Your Smart TV
1. Update Voot
An old version of the Voot app on your Smart TV may have some bugs that may cause different errors on your SmartTV.
So in this case you must update your Voot app. To update the app on your Smart TV follow the steps given below:
Steps to Update Voot on Android Smart TV:
- Select Google Play store.
- Select your profile icon in the top-right of the screen.
- Select Manage apps and games.
- Select Updates.
- You can select any listed app Find Voot & select update.
Steps to Update Voot on Other Smart TV:
- Navigate to an App that needs updating, then press and hold the Enter button until a sub-menu appears.
- Select Update apps.
- Click Select All.
- Select Update.
- Any apps with an available update will begin updating.
2. Reboot the Television
If you face this problem constantly then should try restarting your Smart TV. This will clear all the possibilities and eliminate the minor glitches & bugs that were creating problems with various issues on the Voot app. Bring the remote of your TV and power it off for some time and then turn it on.
3. Troubleshoot Internet Issue
If you are using Router then for the internet then consider the following points:
- Restart the router. Unplug the power, wait about 1 minute, and reconnect.
- Reset the Network and check whether the issue is resolved or not. Network reset path in Smart TVs: Home > Setting > General > Network > Reset Network.
- Try connecting another device to the router. If it works, then it’s a TV problem, and if it doesn’t, it’s a router or your Wi-Fi problem.
- If your Router or Wi-Fi is not working then you should call your Wi-Fi provider for help they will help you further.
- If you are using a wireless connection, the distance between the modem or router and the TV must be within 15.2 m, and there should be no obstacle between them.
If you are using another source for an internet connection then check if it is working or not.
4. Update Smart TV
There may compatibility issues with the app and smart TV or there may be a bug that is blocking the normal working of the Voot app so just try to update your Smart TV.
To update your Smart TV to the latest version follow the steps given below:
- Press the HOME button.
- Select the Apps icon.
- Select Help.
- Select System software update.
- Download the Software update.
- Then restart your Smart TV.
5. Uninstall & Re-install Voot App
If you followed all methods that we mentioned then the problem may be due to the internal error between the app and the Smart TV. Thus in this case simply uninstall the App and then try to install the Voot app from App Store. This can resolve some issues that other solutions can’t solve, so make sure you try this solution too.
6. Contact Support
Now if you have followed all solutions that we recommended to you and still have issues then you should contact the help support of Voot or contact the help support of smart TV near you so that they come to your home to solve the problem for you.
Hope you got value from this post, if we have missed some points then you can suggest them to people visiting this page in the comment section.