Vi or Vodafone Idea Limited also said V! is an Indian telecom operator with its headquarters based in Mumbai and Gandhinagar. It is a pan-India integrated GSM operator offering 2G, 3G, 4G, 4G+, VoLTE, and VoWiFi services.
Recently I was unable to send SMS messages from my Vi sim so I tried some techniques and I followed some tips and tricks to solve this issue. So in this post below I have shared some reasons behind this issue hope those reasons and solutions help you solve Not able to send SMS from vi in iPhone & Android, so keep reading till the end.
Why am I not able to Send SMS on Vi?
Below I have shared the Reason behind both Vi Prepaid and Postpaid Users not able to send SMS for this issue:
Reason 1: If you have changed your Vi Sim, this means the same number and same network but a new SIM(upgraded) then you will not be able to Send or Receive SMS to your number as a part of security measures from Vi and Trai for a few days.
So if you are using a new sim then for 48 hours you will not be able to receive or send any SMS from the Vi network, for additional information you can contact Vi support. In the same case, you will not be able to receive an SMS on the Vi number.
In case, If you got a 4G SIM replacement for your Vi mobile number, you will not receive or send any SMS for up to 48 hours.
Reason 2: If you have not sent any SMS or Message from your mobile in the last 6 months then Vi will disable the outgoing SMS messages from your mobile number.
Just call Vi Customer Care and Ask them to enable SMS Services and restart your mobile to start sending SMS. Nowadays this condition seems to be canceled so far in 2022. But again I request you to confirm this from customer care.
Reason 3: Your Vi SMS Center Number might be wrong, so in this case, you can try either refreshing or updating SMSC. Remember you should use the SMSC of your area. In my case, I live in Maharashtra So will choose Maharshtra’s SMSC accordingly you choose from Google.
Steps to update or refresh SMSC:
- Dial – *#*#4636#*#* on Keypad.
- It will automatically open the ‘Testing’ settings.
- Now if you have two sims in your android phone then choose accordingly. In my case, I opened ‘Phone information1’.
- Now scroll down and try to find the ‘SMSC’ option, here will see the Refresh option tap it.
- if it didn’t work for you then type your network operator’s SMSC number of your area and tap Update.
Reason 4: Check Your Mobile Phone device Date and Time. If it is incorrect then correct it.
Here are the steps to set your device time accurately:
- Open your phone’s Clock app.
- Tap More and go to Settings.
- To pick your home time zone: Tap Home time zone. To automatically update your timezone: Tap Change date & time. Set the time zone automatically.
- To update your timezone based on your location: Tap Change date & time Set time zone automatically.
Tip solution: Put your SIM on a different phone. If it works then the problem is with your mobile phone.
Why am I unable to Receive SMS Messages on Vi?
Reason 1: You might have activated DND Do Not Disturb Service on your Vi Number
Reason 2: Message Memory is Full.
Reason 3: If you are a New Upgraded User of the same Network.
To solve the Vodafone text message sms sending failed problem, Idea Text message sms sending failed problem, we have shared various solution tips with you.
Hope this post is helpful to solve Vi message not sent error and that you get help from this post. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section.