Your Asus PC might continue disconnecting and reconnecting from Wi-Fi because the power saver mode is ON, the system checks legitimate time interval set to an alternate value, a contrary driver, an unfortunate Wi-Fi signal, or outdated BIOS or Windows operating system. In this article, we are going to learn how to fix the problem of Wi-Fi disconnecting and reconnecting from your Asus laptop.
To prevent your PC from disconnecting from the Wi-Fi, you might have a go at troubleshooting strategies like restarting your PC, resetting the network system and programs, or fixing the issues referenced underneath.
- How to fix the issue of Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on the Asus laptop?
- Why is the Wi-Fi on my Asus laptop not working?
- How to fix the network adapters on your Asus laptops?
- How to stop my laptop from disconnecting from Wi-Fi?
How to fix the issue of Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on the Asus laptop?
1. The option of Power Saver mode is on
When permitting the laptop to switch off this gadget to save power option is enabled on your Asus PC, the network adapters get switched off and the laptop continues to disconnect from Wi-Fi. Ensure that this option is not switched off on your Asus laptop.
2. Scan valid time interval
The ideal incentive for the output legitimate period for Asus laptops is 120. Any deviation from this value influences the Wi-Fi availability of your PC. Make sure that the scan valid interval time is not deviated in your Asus laptop to avoid the problem of disconnecting and reconnecting from your laptop.
3. Driver not compatible
An incompatible driver frequently makes the laptop continue to disconnect from the Wi-Fi. Such drivers should be taken out from the laptop on the off chance that the issue continues to happen. Check the driver of your laptop if you find any issues that might create the issue of disconnecting and reconnecting Wi-Fi on your laptop.
4. Wi-Fi connection is weak
A weak Wi-Fi signal is perhaps one of the most well-known causes behind the Asus laptop continuing to disconnect and reconnect from Wi-Fi. It is because Asus laptops are modified to get the strongest signals and connect with them. Having a poor Wi-Fi connection is one of the main reasons behind Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting from your laptop. So, make sure you position your Wi-Fi router to a place where you can receive a strong signal from your laptop.
5. Outdated BIOS and Windows operating system
The older variants of Windows and BIOS make it hard for the laptops to connect with Wi-Fi because they have a slow capability and continue slowing down during the functioning process. So, make sure you have the latest version of the Windows operating system and BIOS to avoid this problem.
Why is the Wi-Fi on my Asus laptop not working?
Your Asus laptop Wi-Fi may not be working as a result of outdated renditions of the network adapters installed on your PC. You can fix this issue by uninstalling the Wireless adapter and letting the PC install it back. To fix the Wi-Fi on your Asus laptops, follow the given steps:
- The first step is to go to the Start button and Right click on it, and then select the Device manager option.
- The next step is to select the option of Network adapters.
- After that, click on the Intel wireless model of your Asus laptop from the drop-down menu and click on the uninstallation device option.
- Select the option of deleting the driver software for your Asus laptops in the Uninstallation window option and click on the uninstallation button.
- Once the driver gets uninstalled, then again go back to the Network adapters settings and select the option of Action tab.
- Tap on the option to scan for hardware changes, and it will automatically reinstall the device driver on your Asus laptops.
If the above steps fail to update the driver on your Asus laptop, then you can simply visit the official website of the Asus support center and download the latest version of the driver on your device.
How to fix the network adapters on your Asus laptops?
By updating the network adapter, you can fix the problem of the Wi-Fi connection on your laptop. Changing the connector settings from the device directory, or uninstalling and reinstalling the driver on your PC.
It is necessary to solve this problem if you face these issues, otherwise, you may face issues such as the Wi-Fi icon is not visible, Wi-Fi connected, but there being no internet connection, and Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting from your device.
To fix this problem, consider the following steps below:
- The first step is to use additional tools like DriverFix or directly download the latest versions of your drivers to update your device.
- Disable the power savings mode and set the scan valid interval time to update the adapter settings.
- You can also use the method of uninstalling and reinstalling your laptop’s device drivers by going to the option of Network Adapters in the device manager of your Asus laptop.
How to stop my laptop from disconnecting from Wi-Fi?
You can stop your laptop from disconnecting from your Wi-Fi by restarting your computer, disabling the power saver of the network adapter, and changing the scanning interval. Here are a few ways of stopping your laptop from disconnecting from your Wi-Fi.
Begin by closing down your laptop and switching off the switch or modem system. Turn off the power links from your laptop and modem. Wait for some time and plug the cable link once again into your laptop and modem. Enable the switch or modem and afterward restart your PC. This will ideally prevent your PC from disconnecting from your Wi-Fi.
In some cases, the PC continues to disconnect from Wi-Fi because it switches off the network adapter to save power. To check this, click on the Windows key and R key. Type ncpa.cpl in the Open field of the Run window. Click on the enter key. In the spring-up window, right-click the remote or Wi-Fi symbol and select the option of properties. Click on the option of configure. In the power management tab, select permit the laptop to switch off this gadget to save power. Assuming it is checked, click on it to turn it off.
Go to the option of advanced tab and select the scan valid interval time. In the Value field, click on the Up/Down buttons to set the worth to 120. This will prevent your laptop from disconnecting from your Wi-Fi.
All the above-mentioned are the fixes to the problem of Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on your Asus laptop.