Sometimes when you download an app file from a website/ WhatsApp/ FB messenger or some unknown file then your mobile says this error mostly.
This error pop-ups mostly when your device will not have any proper app/ software to execute and open that file. Mostly this error comes while opening PDF, Excel, Xlsx, Docs, Docx Contacts, Zip, etc files.
There may be several reasons behind these issues:
- The file you are trying to open may not be a supported file type. Check to make sure that you have an app installed on your device that can open the file.
- The app you are using to try and open the file may not support the file type. Try using a different app to open the file.
- There may be an issue with the app you are using to open the file. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that resolves the issue.
- There may be a problem with the file itself. Try opening the file on a different device to see if it opens properly. If it doesn’t, the file may be corrupt or damaged.
I hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Solutions to “You May Not Have a Proper App for Viewing This Content”
1. Try Accessing The File Using the File Manager App
- Open your file manager
- Go to the internal storage
- Go to “Android” and click on “Media.”
- Under media, click com.WhatsApp.
- Now proceed to click WhatsApp and click “Media.”
- Now head to the Whatsapp Document and click the particular file; now, when you click that file, make sure you have the app that supports the file type.
2. The Issue Might Happen If You Have a Dual App Setup
This issue might possibly happen if you use Dual Apps in your WhatsApp, so this is nothing but a duplication of the app in two instances under a single phone. So did the fixtures we mentioned above help you to resolve this issue? If not, please reach the WhatsApp support services for an instant solution.
Hope you got the Solutions to this issue. If you have doubts then do comment below, we will try to respond to your comment as early as possible.