SLT-MOBITEL (formerly known as Sri Lanka Telecom, Sinhala: ශ්රී ලංකා ටෙලිකොම්, romanized: Śrī Laṃkā Ṭelikom, Tamil: ஸ்ரீலங்கா டெலிகொம்) is the national telecommunications services provider in Sri Lanka and one of the country’s largest companies.
Recently I observed many people were unable to send SMS messages from my Mobitel sim.
so I tried to find some techniques and told some tips and tricks to solve this issue. So in this post below I have shared some reasons behind this issue hope those reasons and solutions help you, so keep reading till the end.
How To Solve Unable to Send or Receive SMS on Mobitel
Below I have shared the Reason behind both Mobitel Prepaid and Postpaid Users for this issue:
Solution 1: If you have changed your Mobitel Sim recently, this means the same number and same network but a new SIM(upgraded) then you will not be able to Send or Receive SMS to your number as a part of security measures from Mobitel for a few days.
So if you are using a new sim then for 48 hours you may not be able to receive or send any SMS from the Mobitel network, for additional information you can contact Mobitel support.
In a similar case, If you got a 4G SIM replacement for your Mobitel mobile number, you will not receive or send any SMS for up to 48 hours.
Solution 2: If you have not sent any SMS or Message from your mobile in the last 6 months then Mobitel may disable the outgoing SMS messages from your mobile number.
To Confirm this case you can call Mobitel Customer Care and Ask them to enable SMS Services. After a successful request restarts your mobile to start sending SMS. Nowadays this process seems to be canceled so far in 2022. But again I request you to confirm this from customer care.
Solution 3: Your Mobitel SMS Center Number might be wrong, so in this case, you can try either refreshing or updating SMSC. Remember you should use the SMSC of your area. You should choose SMSC according to your area which you can get from Google.
Steps to update or refresh SMSC:
- Dial – *#*#4636#*#* on Keypad.
- It will automatically open the ‘Testing’ settings.
- Now if you have two sims in your android phone then choose accordingly. In my case, I opened ‘Phone information1’.
- Now scroll down and try to find the ‘SMSC’ option, here will see the Refresh option tap it.
- if it didn’t work for you then type your network operator’s SMSC number of your area and tap Update.
Solution 4: Check Your Mobile Phone device Date and Time. If it is incorrect then correct it.
Here are the steps to set your device time accurately:
- Open your phone’s Clock app.
- Tap More and go to Settings.
- To pick your home time zone: Tap Home time zone. To automatically update your timezone: Tap Change date & time. Set time zone automatically.
- To update your timezone based on your location: Tap Change date & time Set time zone automatically.
Tip solution: Put your SIM on a different phone. If it works then the problem is with your mobile phone. Unfortunately, if it doesn’t work then try to get help from Dialog Customer care.
Why I am Unable to Receive SMS Messages on Mobitel
Reason 1: You might have activated DND Do Not Disturb Service on your Mobitel Number
Reason 2: Message Memory is Full.
Reason 3: If you are a New Upgraded User of the same Network.
Hope this post is helpful and that you get help from this post. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section.