Disney+ Hotstar is an Indian brand of subscription video-on-demand over-the-top streaming service owned by Novi Digital Entertainment of Disney Star and operated by Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution, both divisions of The Walt Disney Company.
A few days back I was trying to play a movie on Hotstar but the app was not working on my Smart TV. Whenever I try to open it it was showing a black screen. On the internet, I also found that people facing the Black screen with sound and they were facing Hotstar loads but won’t play on tv, and Hotstar not working on tv but works on the phone, Hotstar Video not Playing on Smart TV.
So by using my experience today in this post I am going to share some solutions and tips with you so that you can solve Hotstar Not Working on Your Smart TV.
Solutions: Hotstar Not Working on Your Smart TV
1. Update Hotstar
An old version of the Disney+ Hotstar app may have some bugs that may cause different errors on your SmartTV.
So in this case you must update your Hotstar app. To update the Hotstar app on your Smart TV follow the steps given below:
Steps to Update Hotstar on Android Smart TV:
- Select Google Play store.
- Select your profile icon in the top-right of the screen.
- Select Manage apps and games.
- Select Updates.
- You can select any listed app Find Hotstar & select update.
Steps to Update Hotstar on Other Smart TV:
- Navigate to an App that needs updating, then press and hold the Enter button until a sub-menu appears.
- Select Update apps.
- Click Select All.
- Select Update.
- Any apps with an available update will begin updating.
2. Reboot the Television
If you face this problem constantly then should restart your Smart TV. This will clear all the possibilities and eliminate the minor bugs and glitches that might prevent the Hotstar app from playing videos. Bring the remote of your TV and power it off for some time and then turn it on.
3. Troubleshoot Internet Issue
If you are using Router then for the internet then consider the following points:
- Restart the router. Unplug the power, wait about 1 minute, and reconnect.
- Reset the Network and check whether the issue is resolved or not. Network reset path in Smart TVs: Home > Setting > General > Network > Reset Network.
- Try connecting another device to the router. If it works, then it’s a TV problem, and if it doesn’t, it’s a router or your Wi-Fi problem.
- If your Router or Wi-Fi is not working then you should call your Wi-Fi provider for help they will help you further.
- If you are using a wireless connection, the distance between the modem or router and the TV must be within 15.2 m, and there should be no obstacle between them.
If you are using another source for an internet connection then check if it is working or not.
4. Update Smart TV
Similar to the first solution your Smart Tv may have some bugs which may stop normal working your smart Tv and thus you should update your Smart TV to the latest version.
To update your Smart TV to the latest version follow the steps given below:
- Press the HOME button.
- Select the Apps. icon.
- Select Help.
- Select System software update.
- Download the Software update.
- Then restart your Smart TV.
5. Uninstall & Re-install Hotstar App
If you followed all methods that we mentioned then the problem may be due to the internal error between the app and the Smart TV. Thus in this case simply uninstall the App and then try to install the Hotstar app from App Store. This can resolve some issues that other solutions can’t solve, so make sure you try this solution too.
6. Contact Support
Now if you have followed all solutions that we recommended to you and still have issues then you should contact the help support of Hotstar or contact the help support of smart TV near you so that they come to your home to solve the problem for you.
Hope you got value from this post, if we have missed some points then you can suggest them to people visiting this page in the comment section.