Messaging, in general, refers to the exchange of text, audio, video, or other media-based messages between two or more individuals. In a one-to-one communication context, messaging refers to the act of sending and receiving messages between two individuals.
Messaging can be done through various channels such as SMS, instant messaging, email, or social media platforms. The messages can be text-based or multimedia-based, and the purpose of the communication can be personal or professional.
Recently one of our site visitors asked the question “why are my messages not sending to one person“. Similarly, If you are facing an issue sending a message to One Person then We are here to help you sort out your issue and give you the best working solutions in this post see keep reading till the end.
- Solutions: Messages Not Sending to One person
- Final Words
Solutions: Messages Not Sending to One person
1. Restart your device
Simple Restarting a phone can often help resolve issues with messages not sending to a person. This simple action refreshes the device’s operating system and clears any temporary bugs that may be causing the problem. This fix works fine in case of the error Message Not Sent Service not Activated on Network.
Here’s how to restart most smartphones:
- Press and hold the power button until the “Power off” option appears.
- Tap “Restart” or “Reboot” to confirm the action.
- Wait for the device to shut down and restart.
2. Wrong Contact detail
Checking the contact number is an important step to troubleshoot issues with messages not sending to someone. Wrong details while sending message cause number formatted incorrectly issue which we have covered few months ago on our site. Here’s what you can check contact details:
- Verify the phone number format: Ensure that the phone number you are sending the message to is entered in the correct format, including the country code and area code (if applicable).
- Check the recipient’s phone status: Make sure the recipient’s phone is turned on and has a good network connection. If that One Person is out of range or has a poor network connection, your message may not be sent.
- Check the contact information: Ensure that the contact information for the recipient is correct and up to date.
3. Clear Cache
Clearing the cache will remove temporary files stored by the messaging app, which can sometimes cause issues with message sending. Clearing the cache of your messaging app can help resolve issues with messages not sending a specific person. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your phone.
- Tap on “Apps” or “Application Manager“.
- Find your messaging app (e.g. “Messagin”) and tap on it.
- Tap on “Storage” or “Data“.
- Tap on “Clear Cache“.
- Restart your phone, for better working.
After clearing the cache, try sending a message to see if the issue has been resolved.
4. Blocked By Mistake
There are two possibilities for blocking issues due to which only one person not receiving texts from you.
A. You blocked that One person
If you have blocked that receiver, messages to them will not be delivered and they will not receive notifications. To check if someone has been blocked on a messaging platform, you can look for a “Blocked” or “Block List” option in your account settings or contact list. If the person has been blocked, you can unblock them by finding the “Unblock” or “Remove from Block List” option. This will also solve the issue of not receiving text messages from one person only.
B. That One person/ Recipient has blocked you
If the recipient has blocked you, you will not be able to send them messages via iMessage or SMS. When a person blocks another person, the blocked person will not receive notifications for incoming messages and calls, and the messages will not be delivered.
If you believe the recipient has mistakenly blocked you, you may want to reach out to them and try to resolve the issue. If you are unable to contact them or the issue cannot be resolved, there is nothing more you can do in this situation.
5. iPhone specific Issues
If you’re unable to send a message to a specific person on your iPhone, there are several possible reasons for this:
 iMessage cache issue
On iPhone devices, it uses the iMessage network to send and receive messages. So if you are an iPhone user then you can disable iMessage by going to “Settings” > “Messages” and setting “iMessage” to “Off“ and then restart the device once and check if the message sending to that one person.
 Unblock a person on Imessage
To unblock a person on iMessage and resolve the issue of not being able to send them messages, follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Messages.”
- Tap on “Blocked Contacts.”
- Find the person you want to unblock and swipe left on their name.
- Tap on “Unblock.”
After you’ve unblocked the person, you should be able to send them messages through iMessage.
 Internet issue on iPhone
The iMessage uses the internet to send messages & you may not be able to send a message to a specific person on your iPhone due to an internet issue, there are several steps you can take to resolve the problem:
- Check your network connection: Make sure that your iPhone is connected to a strong and stable Wi-Fi network, or that you have a good cellular signal.
- Restart your iPhone: Turn off your iPhone and turn it back on to see if that resolves the issue of messaging.
- Check for software updates: Make sure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Go to “Settings” > “General” > “Software Update” to check for updates.
- Reset network settings: Go to “Settings” > “General” > “Reset” > “Reset Network Settings.” This will erase all network settings, including Wi-Fi passwords and cellular settings, so be sure to have that information handy before proceeding.
If the issue persists after trying these steps, you may want to contact your carrier or Apple Support for further assistance.
Hope you got the help to solve the Text messages won’t send to one person and sorted out your issue if you are still facing issues and want advice do comment below we will try to help you out.